Emcee is a person, who anchors or host’s for a program or a particular kind of show. Emcee, generally is a passion, and with flow of time is quite hectic, as you have to make records of the particular company or the organization you are hosting for. You can keep your style but the main thing is information, which must be correct and go with the flow. An emcee, must be punctual and respect his/her jobs with full compassion.
So, without making the article long and boring, let’me discuss about some ideas to become a great emcee.
- Emcee must concentrate on five different characters: 5W AND 1H, which includes of,
a. what: programme name, b.who: anchor’s name, c. when: time of event d.where: the place where event is organized in, why: objective 1, objective 2 and how: process(stress+pause)
2. Emcee can add a flavor before starting and to end the programee,it can include some phrases, poems and comedy pickup lines, which can grasp the concentration of audiences.
3. Emcee must carry a better technique to carry his/her mike and must never fear of the crowd, they must pose a good body language while speaking and time and often interact with the audiences.
4. Emcee must have good knowledge of punctuation and pronunciation, as well as must carry good speaking skills on native and universal languages.
5. Emcee must be self sufficient in a way that, even if a programme gets delayed he/she must be able to maintain the crowd.
6. Emcee must learn to prepare a good script with flavor and greeting.
7. Never forget to give credit to the sponsors and big personalities, because it’s needed, and must be said throughout the event.
After all, nothing in this world is impossible, if there is a will there is always a way. good luck peps!! world wants great emcees. Never panic, if you can’t make scripts or your body language awkward, everything can be improved, the only thing needed is practice and passion.